Housed in the former house of Georgian architect G.T Andrews, it dates back to around 1825/26. It is probably the earliest surviving purpose built architects office. It is a Grade II listed building, and also an English Heritage Monument. It has impressive period features and décor throughout, chiefly the original fireplaces in the main Dining room and bar area. It also sits in the shadow of the ever impressive, Clifford’s Tower, one of York’s major landmarks.
Seasonal Menus of Local Produce
Our restaurant offers fine dining and contemporary modern European cuisine and specialises in producing outstanding quality food, using only the finest local produce with everything cooked freshly every day. Over the last several year we have worked closely with local growers and suppliers to build the knowledge of the provenance and sustainability of our ingredients.